This event is run by Animeleague, one of the world’s largest anime communities, run by fans for fans, who shall also be running Liverpool Anime & Gaming Con in June, Cardiff Anime Con in August, Bristol Anime Con in May, Alcon in Leicester in September, Birmingham Anime Con in October, and London Anime & Gaming Con in February/July. Make sure to also check these events out.
If you’re interested in affiliating with us then please email email@example.com
While there will be signups on the day, we advise to signup beforehand to guarantee a place if you’re entering the Talent Show, Cosplay Masquerade or Cosplay Auction.
All other events you signup for on the day! Again read the link above for a comprehensive list!
With dozens of planned activities, the only problem you will experience is that there won’t be enough time to do everything you want to!
- Top Manga & Comic Artists – Our manga and comics room will feature some of the UK’s best artists in attendance where you can buy their artwork from.
- Art & Comic Portfolio Session – Hosted by comic and manga publisher and event sponsor Crownroot Publications who will not only give advice, but will pick the best artists to be recognised and published in their upcoming comic to be released this September!
- Comic Talks – On the main stage we will have a number of comics-orientated talks!
- Cosplay will get it’s very own stage at Manchester, meaning we’ll be doing even more cosplay than ever with it’s own dedicated stage!
– The Cosplay Masquerade with a £100 first-prize; Show-off your cosplay on stage. We invite all cosplayers to enter our cosplay contest on the Sunday. There will also be a smaller Cosplay Masquerade with a £30 first prize on the Saturday. The top three in each contest will also qualify for the UK Cosplay Championship finals in October in Birmingham! Signup for it here
- Cosplay Auction – This event is a great way to meet new people and the proceeds go to the convention’s charity. All volunteers go up for bid to the audience, the highest bidder of each Cosplayer winning the company of that Cosplayer for an agreed amount of time and getting the pleasure and opportunity of meeting new people and acquiring new friends. Signup for it here
- Cosplay Guests & Talks We will have some of the most renowned cosplayers in the UK guest-starring at this year’s event. They will provide talks and workshops throughout the day. Talks include (provisionally) A begineers guide, Cosplay on a budget, Cosplay Props & Worbla, Mental Health in Cosplay, Performing at cons and much more!
Cosplay Photography Area – There will also be an area to have your photos taken for free!
There will also be contests and games such as Cosplay Sketchoff, Mini Comic-Hackathon and even some geeky speed-dating!
For 2017 we shall be DOUBLING the size of our video gaming area. The upstairs will be for retro and casual playing, while we introduce TWO new VG areas; Hall A shall feature a dedicated Smash Zone, while Hall B shall feature our Tournaments Zone.
The Video Gaming area will feature over 60 systems set up with consoles ranging from your retro favourite in the 80s and 90s right up to the latest NextGen gaming. You will be able to come and sit down and chill with your mates, or enter one of a dozen planned tournaments.
Our tournament lineup will include Street Fighter V, Mario Kart 8, Smash Melee, Smash4 2v2, Pokken Tournament, Rocket League, Halo Master Chief and much more! (note that tournaments are subject to change; please refer to timetable for the full times and lineup).
If that’s not enough, we will have the Retro Gaming Championship which will provide 3-4 of your favourite retro games (to be revealed) to show your old-school gaming skills in.
We will have three main stages;
- Stage 1: The Talks Stage in the Sugden Sports Centre which will feature the cosplay events and cosplay/geek/comic/anime themed talks.
- Stage 2: Performers & Party Stage in the Pub Zoo bar, which will feature everything non-cosplay related including live music, performances, talks, big geek quizes and more. Going on from Midday through to 8pm, and then on till past midnight as it switches over to the parties!
- Stage 3: The Cosplay Stage Our video gaming lineup shall expand as we introduce a stage dedicated to video gaming. Tournament finals and games shall feature on this.
Stage Highlights include;
- Talks (Non Cosplay); As well as cosplay talks mentioned above, there will also be wide range of talks on acting, RPGs and gaming, Comics and anime.
- Dub That Anime; The aim of this event for those who have never seen it before is to dub a 30 second clip of our choice live on stage. The funnier the better. In fact..think Abridging! This can be done as an individual or group.
- The Talent Show; Do you have a hidden talent, be it singing, dancing, stand-up performing or pretty much anything? Come enter the Talent Show, show it off and win a £50 cash prize and the opportunity to develop your act with us and star on stage at our future events! Signup for it HERE
- Big Geek Quiz; Various rounds on both anime and other more general subjects over five rounds. Get some friends together, make your own quiz team, and join in the fun. We guarantee a good time and much randomness! £50 cash prize to the winning team!
- Many more events to be confirmed!
- Roleplaying; There will be a number of pen and paper roleplaying games being run in the bar. More info to come.
- TCGing; There will be tournaments with prizes provided throughout the day including Vanguard, Yu Gi Oh and MTG.
- Boardgaming; Your favourite board games and some you’ve never heard of shall be provided. Come along and have fun!
Of course, if partying is not your scene, there will be a range of alternate late-night events including Karaoke and late night party gaming!
- Karaoke Mini-Stage; There will be an entire mini-stage dedicated to Karaoke across the day. Come along and sing to your heart’s content!
- Activities and Demos; We will have a variety of activities and demos in martial arts etc taking place across the event as well. Make sure not to miss out.
We have internet celebs, cosplayers, performers, singers and speakers lined up! We will be revealing this early next year, so make sure to check back.
Are you a band, panelist or performer and wish to be involved? We’re taking performer applications HERE.
A full list of exhibitors shall be released next year. You can expect a wide variety of dealers and artists to be present.
Exhibitor tables cost £110 per 6ft table for standard tables or £60 for artist tables (or £35 for a half table for artists). Note Exhibitor tables can get power on request – artists tables can not. If you wish to apply to become an exhibitor, then please ensure you:
1. Read the exhibitor FAQ located HERE first and foremost.
2. Complete the Booking Form Online Here
3. We will then invoice you and give you details on how to pay. We can offer BACS, paypal, cheque and cash as payment methods.
4. 4. If you have any questions or problems, please mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Times Are: 10:30am (for prepaid), 11am for on the door. Tickets are available on the door.
Venue Address (The event is based in two Buildings beside one another)
Sugden Sports Centre, 114 Grosvenor Street, Manchester M1 7HL
Pub Zoo, 126 Grosvenor Street, Manchester M1 7HL
(0161 306 4026)
Train Travel – Click HERE to view Walking Directions from Manchester Piccadilly Station. To help get the cheapest ticket possible, we recommend that you search through the National Rail website 12 weeks prior to the event. This will help you find the cheapest advance ticket.
Coach/Bus Travel – Click HERE to View Walking Directions from the coach stage. This is served by numerous companies including National Express. These offer regular national and local services. To help get the cheapest ticket possible, we recommend you search through the nationalexpress and megabus websites 12 weeks prior
– To Signup to Crew for the event, please fill in this form HERE. If you have any questions then email email@example.com
– To Signup to Help Promote/Flyer/PR Team, please fill in this form HERE
– Performer/Guest Applications HERE
The Manchester Anime Con crew are the people that help to make this convention a reality and to make it enjoyable for all our members. If you’re interesting in volunteering to help out, please read this page and then volunteer using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Why Crew? Well, you get free entry and one free-meal a day. And of course you get the satisifaction of having helped the convention out. We’re always happy to provide references to people who work for us, so it’s something extra which you can add to your CV afterward. Crewing is also a very easy way to get to know other members of the con, and there is usually a lot of camaraderie between fellow crew members over the course of the event!
What Kind of Work is it? Usually a crew member will help to manage queues, serve attendees, act as a runner to move equipment/items around and so forth. When you join crew, you are placed on to a team. Each team has a team-leader who you will report in to and who will look after you over the event. Each shift you are given is usually four hours long. At times crewing is far from easy, and it can be a lot of hard work but it is usually a very rewarding experience.
How many hours does a full-crew member do? Each full-crew member does 7 hours a day working. This entitles them to free entry in addition to free meal each day.
How many hours does a part-time crew member do? Some teams will allow for part-time crew. These are crew who work for only 1 day. Part-Time Crew will get a meal and free entry on the days which they are working.
What Teams are there? Video Gaming, Registrations, Operations, Stage or specialist (ask).
I’ve already paid my entry, can I get it back if I crew? Provided you do the shifts which are allocated to you, then you will receive the entry money back on the Sunday.
We encourage those who want to help the event to first and foremost help spread the word. Without massive budgets to spend on mainstream advertising, we rely heavily on our attendees to help with this! You can help promote by –
1. Facebook & Twitter: Help by inviting your friends to our facebook event HERE, and posting short updates along the lines of “Is anyone going to Manchester Anime Con this 8-9 April? You can grab discount tickets online at www.manchesteranimecon.com”
2. Posters/Flyers: By dropping flyers/posters in to shops, groups, societies and handing to friends it can massively raise awareness. We can send out flyers if you request for some in this topic HERE, and you can download a full resolution copy to print out as posters HERE.
3. Word of Mouth: One of the most effective ways, make sure to personally speak to your friends and encourage them to check the event out!
4. Promote or link to us on your website/forum/blog: Download a copy of the Manchester Anime Con press-kit HERE which contains images, buttons, press-releases and further information to use, making it as easy as copy and pasting to write about or link to manchester Anime Con on your website, forum or blog!
5. Banner/Link Exchange and Cross-Promotion: If you’re interested in cross-promoting and gaining traffic, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can explore possibilities. Those who partner up with manchester Anime Con, will also be added as a partner on the animeleague website, a community of almost 30,000 members, making it very worthwhile!
Exclusive Content such as interviews we can make available on request to email@example.com
Do you write for a website or publication? Please apply for a press pass via this form here. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
1. Free Entry
2. Access to guests and performers on the day (subject to their availability)
3. Interview access to the organisers before and after the event
4. We want to engage and work with you! If you want to do something with us that might benefit us both then please have a chat.
1. Your website, publication or blog must have a substantial following or readership associated with it. If it doesn’t, we may still be able to provide you with a press-pass, but you would need to pay for it as if you were a standard attendee.
2. You agree to promote the event beforehand and afterward on your website and social media (ie: twitter, facebook etc, please state the dates and website link to the event in all promotion). Please download a copy of the press-kit here.
3. You agree to adhere to the terms and conditions of being a member of press at the event as laid out here.
Apply now to email@example.com with the name of your publication/blog/website and any requests.
- It’s always cheaper to book online! Tickets purchased online cost £16 (limited availability for £16 tickets) for both days or £9 for one day. You can also buy tickets on the door at £12 for Saturday and £10 for Sunday.
– Buying online is recommended as it guarantees you entry.
– All ages welcome, under 16s need to be accompanied by an adult at all times. 18+ only for the parties (these are included in the ticket). To get 18+ access you MUST bring a proof of ID.
– Ages 6 and under go free when accompanied by a paying adult. All other ages are the same price.
– Once you pay you’ll be emailed a ticket. Print this out or show this on your phone to us at the event to collect your wristband which will allow you to enter and re-enter.
Buy or Manage Tickets with a Forum Account
To register for manchester Anime Con, it is recommended that you login first via your Animeleague forum account. You can use this account to post on the forums, keep track of your registrations, make payments at a later date, make edits and buy multiple tickets.
Lost Your Username or Password? Click here to retrieve it.
– If you have any questions or concerns then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org thanks.
– Upon paying for your ticket, your name will be added to our guest-list, whereupon you may either bring a proof of ID or a printed copy of your paypal receipt to collect your wristband upon entry at the event.
– You can view the full FAQ on tickets HERE and view the T&Cs HERE